A blog for the New Zealand creative advertising industry, now at www.campaignbrief.com/nz. Email news to: michael@campaignbrief.com

Thursday, July 13, 2006

HERMANS TO JOIN CLEMS WELLINGTON


DDB Auckland Senior Art Director Martin Hermans, is to join Clemenger BBDO Wellington. Hermans has been with DDB for the past 10 years and has produced awarded work for McDonalds, Sky TV, Freedom Air and Pink Batts during that time.
CEO/Executive Creative Director, Philip Andrew (Duster) said: "I am delighted that Martin is to join Clemenger. I have great respect for the work that DDB have produced over the years and to now have the opportunity to work with one of the creators of that work is very exciting."
Martin will work with Senior Copywriter Hugh Walsh, recently orphaned by the retirement of his long term partner, Chris Martin.
"This appointment brings our creative teams back to full strength and Im sure the Hermans and Walsh partnership will be a powerful one."

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shazz strikes again!

1:23 pm NZST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when Martin used to drive a Nissan Prairie to work. Pete used to give him shit about it and tried endlessly to get him into a completely impractical Porsche.

Saying that though, I was driving down Te Rakau Drive the other day (just finished showing an out-of-towner the urban decay that is Flat Bush and Dannemora), and I spied a pimped out Prairie. Perhaps Martin was foolish in selling the car. I'm sure in the Clems carpark there aren't too many pimped out Prairie's.

Anyhow, well done Martin.

1:51 pm NZST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choice Duster. Martin's a top man.

4:57 pm NZST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Martin's a top man.

10:45 am NZST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ, he could run his first billboard on that giant noggin of his.

12:03 pm NZST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He does look a bit Munster doesn't he?

3:28 pm NZST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's always had good taste in cars, The Praire then an excelent Subararu Forester. the 1600 cc one.

4:12 pm NZST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is hugh walsh still alive?....shit thought he retired or died years back...he'd be older than Len Potts

4:14 pm NZST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good on yer Martin. That's a good result for Clems.

12:04 pm NZST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Change of subject:

The new Toyota NZ TVCs - Everyday parenting??????
What's that all about?
There's a limit to 'brand stretch' and I reckon they've well and truly snapped their undie elastic with this campaign.
Who do Toyota think they are to be running ads giving parenting tips to 'Everyday Kiwis'?
Maybe I'm out of touch and missing something.

Please discuss

Also Mr / Ms / Miss Moderator. How do we start a new post in this blog?

3:19 pm NZST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only speak for myself but I welcome Toyota's input to helping me bring up the kids...heck...life is hard enough but to have a global giant taking the time to speak to me like that, well gosh, I go all weepy...and if I could only find out where the kids have gone I'm sure they'd say the same thing.

11:37 am NZST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home