A blog for the New Zealand creative advertising industry, now at www.campaignbrief.com/nz. Email news to: michael@campaignbrief.com

Friday, January 20, 2006

Ummm....this is probbaly worth a post.

Just saw this on the TVNZ One News website while surfing:


Bin Laden offers truce for pullout
Jan 20, 2006

Osama bin Laden warned that al Qaeda was preparing new attacks inside the United States, but said the group was open to a conditional truce with Americans, according to an audio tape attributed to him on Friday.

It was the first purported tape by bin Laden since 2004. Al Jazeera television, which aired the tape, said it was recorded in December.

"The operations are under preparation and you will see them in your houses as soon as they are complete, God willing," said the speaker on the tape, who sounded like bin Laden.

A CIA official in Washington said US intelligence analysts have authenticated the audio tape as a genuine message from bin Laden following a "a technical analysis".



Gee. I know it's not really an advertising story but...holy smoke, it's a pretty big story if it's true, eh.. I hope Neil doesn't mind because I was just supposed to stay here and answer the fax and make sure the pot plants were irrigated every 10 minutes. But if Baycorp call up I'm supposed to tell them to fuck off and get a life. I shouldn't really tell you that, should I? Oh well. This blogspot things real easy isn't it. I haven't even got NCEA. January, fingers crossed. When I hear about my results I mean. How was the BDO?

LOL, Heidi

B

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And ACC . If ACC call I'm supposed to tell them they're a pack of c words and we're not paying them.

H

6:12 pm NZDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home