A blog for the New Zealand creative advertising industry, now at www.campaignbrief.com/nz. Email news to: michael@campaignbrief.com

Friday, October 28, 2005

Make my boss pay

I'm interested to know if I'm up to par with my current salary. Can you guys
please (anonymously or not) post your level of experience and your current
income?

For example, I'm a junior with roughly three years in an agency earning
$60k.

I anticipate countless sarcastic and cynical responses but the occasional
serious one would be useful.

Cheers

_________________________________________________________________
Need more speed? Get Xtra Broadband @
http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,,202853-1000,00.html

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you do, and for whom do you do it?

3:30 pm NZDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a junior on 28k. The Deutz is on me at SP every night of the week.

3:36 pm NZDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you work for a boutique agency or one of the big boys? And have you won any awards?

4:56 pm NZDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the big players. Got a couple of awards under the belt but expecting a few more in the coming year.

5:15 pm NZDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you might be doing okay. I know someone in the top 3 with 2 years experience and Axis, AWARD and YG wins, but their boss won't give them anymore than 35K despite constantly asking for more. I'm on 28K with one year exp so I'm no help. Anyone else?

5:45 pm NZDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're doing pretty well pal

8:27 pm NZDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

60k after three years sounds about right to me. In comparison to most other professional industrys that would be seen as standard

9:28 am NZDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know who you are.

We worked together at that crap DM agency in Soho all those years back.

Man, we were on pills and coke the whole time.

Thanks for getting me the job over here, without my home counties accent I'd be relegated to working in Singapore. Or Wellington.

11:08 am NZDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2-3 years experience
No awards
$42

10:00 am NZDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 years
Couple of awards
55K

8:04 pm NZDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

count yourself lucky apparently chris and billy use to get bus fare and mike o's plastic desk fruit to nibble on.

5:31 am NZDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home